Free Community Health Fairs in Robeson & Columbus County Next Week!
UNC-Chapel Hill School of Nursing is partnering with local healthcare providers to offer two Free Community Health Fairs in our region that will feature Health Screenings and Chronic Disease Self-management Support.
- The Robeson County Health Fair is on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 from 9:00am – 3:30pm at the Robeson County Church and Community Center – 1401 Starlite Drive – Lumberton, NC 28358.
- The Columbus County Health Fair is on Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 9:00am to 3:30pm at the Saint James Volunteer Fire Department – 3202 Old Northeast RD – Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450.
The purpose of this Hurricane Matthew Health Outreach initiative is to provide free health screenings and education along with referrals to our community partners:
- Health Screenings: Height/weight for BMI, blood pressure, blood glucose, HIV and depression screenings to name just a few.
- Health Promotion and Education – healthy diet, physical activity, tobacco use, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, stress and medication management
- Referral services and education for follow up in the community includes mental health, breast and cervical cancer screenings, colon-rectal cancer screening, tobacco cessation, immunizations, along with STD and pregnancy/family planning information and finding a primary medical home, help with navigating services and health insurance eligibility.
For more information contact Jean Davidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.308.4858.
A Call to Action: Spread the Word! 🙂
Please help our friends at the Robeson County Church & Community Center and the Saint James Volunteer Fire Department spread the word about this event throughout the community. For your convenience please download and print this flyer and distribute copies at your workplace, place of worship, and in the community. You may also share this post on your social media channels!