UNC-Chapel Hill School of Nursing is partnering with local healthcare providers to offer two Free Community Health Fairs in our region that will feature Health Screenings and Chronic Disease Self-management Support.
- The Robeson County Health Fair is on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 from 9:00am – 3:30pm at the Robeson County Church and Community Center – 1401 Starlite Drive – Lumberton, NC 28358.
- The Columbus County Health Fair is on Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 9:00am to 3:30pm at the Saint James Volunteer Fire Department – 3202 Old Northeast RD – Lake Waccamaw, NC 28450.
The purpose of this Hurricane Matthew Health Outreach initiative is to provide free health screenings and education along with referrals to our community partners:
- Health Screenings: Height/weight for BMI, blood pressure, blood glucose, HIV and depression screenings to name just a few.
- Health Promotion and Education – healthy diet, physical activity, tobacco use, asthma, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, stress and medication management
- Referral services and education for follow up in the community includes mental health, breast and cervical cancer screenings, colon-rectal cancer screening, tobacco cessation, immunizations, along with STD and pregnancy/family planning information and finding a primary medical home, help with navigating services and health insurance eligibility.
For more information contact Jean Davidson at email@example.com or call 919.308.4858.